MAXXIS’ MOST VERSATILE XC TREAD
Speed and grip- pick 2. Built to roll fast while providing excellent grip across a range of real-world conditions from hardpack to loose dirt to mud and rocks, these tires can handle a myriad of conditions over the course of a ride. This lightweight, tubeless-ready tire mixes biting knobs with three rubber compounds to create a truly versatile profile. The supple casing is wrapped in a tread pattern that favours both buff and loamy conditions with moderate spacing between the centre lugs and the raised side knobs. Those centre lugs are also ramped to resist folding under braking and acceleration and the 3C Max Speed compound bridges the traction gap from packed to loose terrain.
Maxxis fashions the centre knobs from a harder compound to resist wear and flex and increase rolling speed while the supple casing allows the tire to conform to irregularities in the trail and lets the softer side compound hook up and grip. As a result, you gain a positive traction over wet roots and rocks and seamless transitions from straightaways into turns. All-in-all a great and proven XC tyre!
- Versatile tires for unpredictable trail days
- Fast-rolling centre tread for speed on hard pack
- Beefy side lugs lock in on corners, shed mud
- Ramped centre lugs don't fold under braking power
- Tubeless-ready setup for durable flat protection
- Supple casing for increased compliance
- Center compound resists wear, supple casing conforms to the trail
COMPOUND: 3C MAXX SPEED
SIZE: 29 X 2.20
TYPE: TUBELESS-READY CLINCHER
PSI: MAX 60
WEIGHT: 640 GRAMS
RECOMMENDED USE: CROSS COUNTRY, TRAIL